Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:54:50 -0500
From:      "Bill" <xenonsky@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I need help with "Write Failure on Transfer" error

I'm installing FreeBSD 4.4 from bootable CD on PII266, 265MB RAM, 2.5G IDE
HD.
When I choose standard install and select to use entire hard disk for
FreeBSD. During file extraction from CD ROM I get this error "Write Failure
on Transfer! (write -1 bytes of 240640 bytes), after hit enter, I get
"unable to transfer bin distribution from acd0c". I get the same errors
while the install try to extract /bin, /doc, /manpages, and /catpages. The
rest of the files seems to install ok. After I exit and rebooted, a message
said the kernal fail to load.

Can someone please help.

Thanks