Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:46:59 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: md disk not unmountable

--oxV4ZoPwBLqAyY+a

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:35:53PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> I got an 'md' error while doing a 'make release' on a -CURRENT machine;
> the release process couldn't unmount the boot floppy staging area from
> /mnt.

[snip]

> I think something is confused as to what is on /mnt somewhere.  Restartin=
g the
> release (with 'make rerelease') successfully completed, using md2.

Doh, found a first clue:

[stijn@pcwin352] </local/freebsd/dist> sudo umount mnt
umount: mnt not found in mount table, unmounted it anyway
[stijn@pcwin352] </local/freebsd/dist> sudo umount dev
umount: dev not found in mount table, unmounted it anyway

So something *was* confused but I was too -- I should have tried the
chrootdir also of course :(

Anyway, how can a mount become 'lost', like what happened here?

--Stijn

--=20
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because
he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst
all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good
time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent
than man for precisely the same reasons.
		-- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"

--oxV4ZoPwBLqAyY+a

--oxV4ZoPwBLqAyY+a--