Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:37:33 -0600 (EST)
From:      Tom Kyle <tk@umsl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't boot to partition on 10.2gig drive

I recently upgrade from FreeBSD 2.2.6 to 3.1 with a cd from CheapBytes.
The drive I installed it to is a Quantum 10.2, and is the secondary IDE
slave.  The partition in particular is wd3sc1. The install went through as
expected, however, I am unable to boot to the FreeBSD partition on my
drive.

I boot using LILO, and it pulls up the BSD bootloader (TDX or something
like that?).  I try and specify wd3sc1, however, once the kernel is done
probing devices, it tries to mount wd2sc1 as root and panics.

The motherboard is an Asus P55T2P4 rev 3.1 with an Intel Triton II
(i430HX) chipset.  Have I exceed a specification here, or can I work
around the bootloader and use LILO directly?

TIA,

Tom