Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:07:05 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrey S. Rybak" <ra@iop.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: milter wants erase sendmail

--------------enigA759F498545D9780FAB4A239

On 15/06/2012 13:17, Andrey S. Rybak wrote:
> i use bundle sendmail and milter greylist on my e-mail freebsd server.
> every time I want upgrade milter-greylist it wants install sendmail
> port. But I use sendmail+tls+sasl2 port.
> There is conflict. I should deinstall sendmail+tls+sasl, install
> milter-greylist, deinstall sendmail and then install sendmail+tls+sasl2=
=2E
> Every time doing so I think something going not elegant. Is there more
> simple path to upgrade milter-greylist?

Have you added this to /etc/make.cnf?

WITH_SENDMAIL_PORT=3D	yes

That makes milter-greylist depend on the sendmail port, rather than the
base version of sendmail:

% cd /usr/ports/mail/milter-greylist
% make -V BUILD_DEPENDS
/usr/local/lib/libmilter.so.4:/usr/ports/mail/sendmail

The mail/sendmail port is odd in that it changes package name depending
on what configuration options you select.  So if you go into
/usr/ports/mail/sendmail and:

# make config

You will be able to enable tls and sasl2 (amongst a whole bunch of other
stuff) giving you the correct functionality.

This should not result in the ports trying to reinstall sendmail
constantly, but it may confuse some tools that rely on the data in
/usr/ports/INDEX-N.  If that's a problem for you, then you will need
to build your own INDEX.  But it probably isn't.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.