Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 11:06:57 BST
From:      Michael Ryan <mike@networx.ie>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Using walnut creek CD with Mitsumi quad-speed CD ROM

Dear Sir/Madam,
		 I received the FreeBSD 2.0 CD from Walut Creek
last week. However I'm having some problems with installing. I'm
using a Gateway-2000 60 Mhz. Pentium machine with a Mitsumi
quad-speed CD Rom (Device driver version 1.10). When I try and
boot BSD from CD, The MCD0 (Mitsumi CD) device doesn't detect
presence of Cd-Rom. I did a Kernel -c boot and changed IRQ,Port
settings for that device to the actual settings. The CD- Rom still
doesn't recognise the CD. Have you any suggestions ?
Regards,
Mike
<mike@networx.ie>