Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:58:17 +0530
From:      Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail server config

On 03/02/02 10:05 -0500, Bill Vermillion wrote:
> Would you care to comment on what makes cyrus 'not exactly nice for
> production', since I'm not familiar with the details of cyrus.
The virtual domain support isn't there yet.
cyrus imap depends extensively on sasl, and while SASL is a good ideaq,
the cyrus-sasl implementation isn't comfy for a large distributed
network of imap/pop/SMTP servers.

2.1 depends on sasl v2, which isn't supported by anything else yet, so
you need to maintain two databases of passwords, replicated per server.

Devdas Bhagat