Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:02:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        Studded@gorean.org (Studded)
Cc:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Communicator 4.07 for Linux20

andre@bali:~> the_prog_above < netscape-export > netscape-strong
andre@bali:~> ./netscape-strong

> literate types? It looks like a good deal, but I like to know what I'm
> doing before I do it. :)

Well, since I am no perl freak as well, I ran both netscape versions
(before and after the patch) through hexdump -C and compared
the output. The result appeared to be that all netscape versions
contain the strong crypto code which is being enabled with the code
above. It changes some occurences of "false" to "true" and
some " 512" to "2048".

If you got enough RAM, do the hexdump -C thing and the diff and
you will see it.

At least it works when looking at https://www.fortify.net/cgi-bin/ssl
and https://mozilla-crypto.ssleay.org/cryptocheck.php after the
patch.

BTW, is there something like a "general purpose file editor" for
FreeBSD? I would like to see something as I used to have in my
Atari ST and DOS days... It would be enough to have something which
has the same appearance of hexdump -C but with search, replace
and primitive editing functionality.

> Thanks,
>
> Doug

	-Andre