Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2022 00:26:46 +0100
From:      Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.com>
To:        Chuck Tuffli <chuck@tuffli.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bhyve NVMe 1.4 support

--00000000000046573c05daaeb72f

if i want to boot any os installed physically on a disk,not matter what,it
will not boot if i want also pass thru a disk or a graphic card. this is
the reason why im trying to pass as much as disks i can using the -s slot.
I see that the usb disks can be passed through using -s with the virtio-blk
or virtio-scsi driver,but none of these drivers work with the m2 / nvme
disk.

Il mar 7 dic 2021, 16:58 Chuck Tuffli <chuck@tuffli.net> ha scritto:

> I've been working on a patch series to get bhyve's NVMe emulation
> compliant with the v1.4 specification. The compliance tests now pass,
> and I will work on getting the patches up for review "soon". In the
> meantime, there is a copy of the full changes if anyone is interested
> in testing on current or 13-stable.
>
> https://people.freebsd.org/~chuck/nvme-1.4/pci_nvme.c
>
> --chuck

--00000000000046573c05daaeb72f

f i want to boot any os installed physically on a disk,not matter what,it w=
ill not boot if i want also pass thru a disk or a graphic card. this is the=
 reason why im trying to pass as much as disks i can using the -s slot. I s=
ee that the usb disks can be passed through using -s with the virtio-blk or=
 virtio-scsi driver,but none of these drivers work with the m2 / nvme disk.=
_attr">Il mar 7 dic 2021, 16:58 Chuck Tuffli &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chuck@tu=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">I&#39;ve been working on a patch series to get bhyve&#39;s NV=
Me emulation<br>
compliant with the v1.4 specification. The compliance tests now pass,<br>
and I will work on getting the patches up for review &quot;soon&quot;. In t=
he<br>
meantime, there is a copy of the full changes if anyone is interested<br>
in testing on current or 13-stable.<br>
referrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://people.freebsd.org/~chuck/nv=
me-1.4/pci_nvme.c</a><br>
--chuck<br>