Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 10:14:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <up@3.am>
To:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Lawrence Farr <freebsd-isp@epcdirect.co.uk>
Subject:   RE: Bizarre Adaptec 2110S Issue

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Lawrence Farr wrote:

> Sounds like it's trying to boot off the array instead.
> Does your CD spin just before the read error?

The light flashes very briefly.  I figured that's what this is, too, but
again, it will boot Linux or Win2k from CD just fine, which is what's so
bizzare.

In any case, I think I found a workaround.  I turned off "Bus Boot Enable"
in the Adaptec BIOS, and the CD boots now.  I don't know why the Adaptec
tech didn't think of this...it only took me 4 hours :-/

up@3.am							    http://3.am