Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 01:00:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Hunt <jhunt@lynden.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X4.2 Broken on 4.6RC??

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Jason Hunt wrote:

> Definitely backup your system, or atleast /usr/X11R6, before installing
> 4.2.

Hmmmm, also check the mailing list archives (newbie and xpert) on
xfree86.org before upgrading.  I'm finding out now that a few other people
have been trying to make 4.2 work on my exact same laptop with no luck.
One of the devleopers thinks is a BIOS or video card
bug/problem/incompatability/blah/whatever.

So luckily I backed up /usr/X11R6 :)