Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:45:18 +0100
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@demon.net>
To:        Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Top and systat not working

Previously on Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 08:19:12PM -0700, Nicole Harrington wrote:
:
:  Greetings
:  I have an odd problem on a new dual pentII 400 system running 3.1-STABLE with
: an ASUS Mb that I have used in other systems with no problem.
:  When I run ps or top I get no %cpu reports and also no CPU STATES: reports.
:
:  Also if I run "systat -vmstat 1" I get:
:
:      The alternate system clock has died!
:           Reverting to ``pigs'' display.
:
:
:  Any hints would be greatly apprecciated.
:
This seems to be a generic problem on the latest dual pentium II/III/Xeon
boards from ASUS when run SMP. Tor posted some speculation and a suggested
workaround, you should be able to pull this from the list archives (I think)
If not I will foward it to you as someone else fowarded it to me.

--
GeoffB