Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:52:17 -0700
From:      "Richard Johannesson" <rtjohan@syspres.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mirroring Vinum Volumes - importance of subdisk sequence on mirror device

Question:
Is it important that the sequence plexes/sub-disks get created in for =
the
primary drive and the mirrored drive be the same? Any performance =
penalty?=20

I'm guessing that a different sub-disk creation order will put the =
sub-disks
in different places on a disk.

Background - if needed:
Have 10 vinum volumes being mapped by 10 plexes to the root drive.

To get mirroring, I created plexes/sub-disks for swap, root, and usr =
using
the specific offsets for each on the 2nd hdd device and map them back to
their specific volumes they should be mirroring.

When I start creating the other plexes/sub-disks on the 2nd hdd and map =
them
back to the volume already setup, I won't be using specific offsets.

Thanks,
Richard