Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:17:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        "Ken Mitchell" <phreaknick@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: images

Ken> uuhh... im trying to install from floppies. the directions say to
Ken> download msfroot.flp and kern.flp and use the exe (dont remember
Ken> the name) to copy them to the floppies.

The program is rawrite.exe, found at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/tools/

Ken> i cant find msfroot.flp or msfroot.flp.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/3.1-RELEASE/floppies

Ken> also, to install to a separate partition, will the install prog
Ken> create a separate partition if i run it from my primary with
Ken> windows?

Yes, but first you have to repartition your disk. BEFORE YOU YOU DO
ANYTHING BACKUP YOUR windowz PARTITION. Check out the tools directory
where rawrite is and there are partition editors that will let you
move your partitions around with out reformatting your disk.