Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:22:31 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of Intel Broadwell GPU Support??

Can someone fill me in on what the current status of support for the Intel
Broadwell GPUs is? I had been running with the scfb driver on one of my
systems (Intel NUC with an i7-5557U CPU) up until recently when I had to
reboot it. I had updated the ports about a week earlier and just yesterday had
to reboot it due to a power outage here.

I haven't seen much mention/activity regarding the new i915 support for the
newer Intel GPUs and was hoping that there might be some documentation that I
could be pointed to so I can understand what all needs to be done to upgrade
to and run it.

Note that I'm currently running 10.3-stable but would be willing to update to
something more current if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any info or pointers you can offer!

Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | You're dead, Jim.
bob@immure.com |       -- McCoy, "The Tholian Web", stardate unknown