Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2012 08:21:06 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcelm@juniper.net>
To:        "powerpc@freebsd.org" <powerpc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [P2020] FreeBSD cannot enable 2nd core.

All,

I'm running into a weird issue where the 2nd core of a P2020 SoC isn't bein=
g woken
up by FreeBSD.  If I manually frob the EEBPCR register from the U-Boot prom=
pt I see
that the second core is booting U-Boot (after which things go bad obviously=
).  But
from FreeBSD I don't seem to be able to get a kick.  The only real differen=
ce I see
between U-Boot and FreeBSD is that in FreeBSD we need to program the BPTR r=
egister
to have the boot page mapped to where the kernel is loaded. But I have no r=
eason to
suspect that this is in any way related to why I can't bring the 2nd core u=
p.
BTW: The logic in FreeBSD worked fine on a P1020.

Does anyone know of any erratas I should be concerned about or have had sim=
ilar
experiences they can share.

Thanks,

--=20