Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 19:13:04 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
Cc:        joe@pavilion.net, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent changes to pccard, pcic, etc.

In message <199912082259.HAA26803@duplo.sm.sony.co.jp> Atsushi Onoe writes:
: Calling if_detach() for interfaces with address causes the inconsistency,
: and re-assigning new address for the interface, e.g. dhcp, makes it worse.
: Perhaps you could avoid the problem if you delete all address *before*
: you remove the card and *before* you suspend the PC.

I tried this, I think, but still had some problems.

: Or you can try my ad hoc patch attached.  Though it is not the right fix,
: it works fine for me even with dhcp.

What makes it wrong?  It is working for me right now.  Is there a more
generic way to do this properly?

Warner