Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 13:27:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        e.costa@lancaster.ac.uk (EMANUELE COSTA)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnat 3.01 for FreeBSD

> Hi,
> 	I'd like to do a port of Gnat 3.01 and eventually to became a
> mantainer of that compiler. I've just read the handbook section regarding
> how to port a foreign package to FreeBSD, but as you already did a port
> of Gnat, namely Gnat 2.01, and because it's my first attempt to do such a
                          ^ 2.03
> thing I'm asking you for some advice and perhaps help in doing it.

Enjoy!

Last week the gnat port was updated to GNAT 3.09, so you're kind
of late. But thanks anyway. (The same happened to me. Last week I
was working on that port, but the current maintainer "beat" me.
Strange: Nobody seemed to care about GNAT for a year, suddenly
everybody is playing around with it.

Wolfgang