Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:32:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@rknebel.csrlink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: scsi hard drive

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 17-Sep-98, Rick Knebel wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just purchased a mylex(buslogic) ultra wide scsi adapter and am
> in
> the market for a 4.5 gig ultra wide scsi hard drive.
>
> Could someone give me advice as to the most dependable one, at a
> reasonable
> price, and where to get the best deal.

The IBM drives (DCAS, DORS, et al) seem to be quite reliable, and well
regarded by the free UNIX community.  They make 'em in a wide variety of
sizes and configurations, and I believe I've seen a ~4.5 GB UltraWide
before.

Quantum Atlas's are also supposedly quite good.
---
Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com> *NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!*      | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ#16997506 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.