Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pcc@gmx.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/12845: python 1.5.2 does not build the shamodule.c

>Number:         12845
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       python 1.5.2 does not build the shamodule.c
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Good afternoon,

apparently the present python forgets about the shamodule.c (symptom:
test-sha.py or a "let's-do-a-quick-port" of zope fail because they
depend on the module).

With my (little) insight into the port, apparently the error is in
(tarball) ./Python-1.5.2/Modules/Setup.in , it there says:

(...)
# The sha module implements the SHA checksum algorithm.
# (NIST's Secure Hash Algorithm.)
sha shamodule.c
(...)

but, obviously, sha (i. e. /usr/local/bin/sha, I suppose) only
prints a checksum that is little help in compiling that file ;-).

I don't know whether I found the spot, but with all the lot I know
about the python port, this is all I can do for now. I'll keep lookin'
though...
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to hack quick port of Zope-2.0.0b1 (see www.zope.org) without any
python knowledge. 8-S