Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:23:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 56K vs X2?

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Mikael Hugo wrote:

> Which product should I choose? Hayes is coming out with a 9000 series,
> Portmaster3, Microcom and Ascend just to mention a few.
>
> Also I would be nice to know if ie Hayes (or someone else) offers special
> upgrade prices, since I have 30 Century 2 racks, that are getting old fast

There's nothing wrong with those modem racks. What kind of terminal server
do you have them hooked up to?

If you add newer equipment like the Livingston PM3 you will have the
opportunity to put them on a separate phone number and charge a bit more
for premium service up to 56K. Or if you charge the same price then just
put them at the end of the hunt group and tell 56K modem users which
number to dial to get the 56K modems but don't offer any guarantees that
they will find a 56K modem free.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com