Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:44:09 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Mike s <god@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Portal

> These all look like current FAQ/handbook headings/chapters/whatever.
>
> Wouldn't it (again) just be easier to send in updates to those existing
> pages?

        Speaking as a user that is what I would prefer to see (personally I've
always found the documentation adequate and the freebsd.org site useful). I do
not see it as helpful to have fragmented documentation sites. Perhaps what
would be helpful would be to make this user commenting technology available in
links from freebsd.org.

        However it is a free world (ish) do as you will (of course). It may
well be useful to somebody.