Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 2015 23:34:30 +0000
From:      Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current state of QEMU and FreeSBD/sparc64

On 07/12/15 20:26, Warner Losh wrote:

> So what's the current state of QEMU and running FreeBSD/sparc64 in system
> mode?
>
> I'm working on a bunch of simple config files for NanoBSD to be able to
> generate VM images that qemu (and maybe others, haven't decided) can run
> without needing to do an install first. I saw a long thread here from
> September that seemed to fix a lot of the issues. Have they been integrated
> into the respective trees yet?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer
>
> Warner

Hi Warner,

My last set of updates were posted in November (see
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2015-November/009750.html)
and although QEMU 2.5 is currently in freeze, I've pushed my branch to
github at https://github.com/mcayland/qemu.git
(branch freebsd-sparc64) for others interested to take a look.

I'd say that getting the emulation working in -nographic mode is
tantalisingly close and any pointers in the right direction are always
gratefully received :)

ATB,

Mark.