Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 23:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      scott@pita.cns.ucla.edu (Scott Burris)
To:        brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsh and connection refused

> I have two machine hooked up via a T1. After issuing the command:
>
>     rsh 10.0.0.2 cat testfile | cat >/dev/null
>
> I can't issue any additional rsh's for 20 to 30 seconds.

I've seen this too.  I have a dump script which rsh'es around to several
machines doing a dump to a network tape drive.  This used to work just fine
under 2.0 but I get connection refused on the second attempt to rsh to a
particular machine under 2.0.5.

Scott Burris
UCLA Campus Network Services
(310) 206-4860 scott@cns.ucla.edu