Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:29:55 +0100
From:      "Mariano Tortoriello" <tortomari@libero.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Undocumented kernel panic during installation

I've tried to install FreeBSD-4.8, 4.9 and during the boot time from =
cd-rom kernel panics with those mesg:

pci_cfgintr_virgin: using routalbe interrupt 3

fault virtual address =3D 0xeb902
falut code =3D supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer =3D 0x8:0xc00eb807
stack pointer =3D 0x10:0xc084db6c
frame pointer =3D 0x10:0xc084db6c
code segment =3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, tyep 0x1b
                     =3D DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags =3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL =3D 0
current process =3D 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask =3D net tty bio cam
trap number =3D 12
panic: page fault

I've found this problem on a notebook completly based on Sis 630 =
controller, with Sis 900 network adapter etc.
If I try to boot the kernel with manual cofiguration even if no conflit =
are signaled, and even if I try to change some option, the kernel still =
panics.
I've tried FreeBSD 5.1, and it also crashs if I don't use acpi.
Now I'm developing modules under a vmware machine, but I'd like to use =
my full machine capability.
I'm waiting for a your suggestion, if you want some other explanation of =
the problem you ca't mail me...
bye
Mariano Tortoriello