Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 14:33:51 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion...

> One other suggestion, while I'm at it.
>
> The "dgb" driver has been marked "alpha quality" for a LONG time.
>
> I've had a fax server running on a PC/Xe 8 port card (64k shared RAM)
> for well over a year on one of these cards - and have NEVER had a single
> problem with it.  That server gets a LOT of extremely heavy use, and
> if there were driver problems I would have found them by now.
>
> I'd suggest that someone drop the "alpha" byline on that one - its
> definitely stable :-)

I plan on doing some work on it and the dgm driver.  They're almost
the same and should be merged.  They both violate style(9) in almost
every way too :-[

I know of only one person with an Xem card (dgm driver), but he's
promised to send me the specs by snail mail.  Once I get them, I'll
start the work.

Let's leave the `alpha' there for a little longer :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>