Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:36:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xwindow advise needed

Dear All,

I just upgraded my workstation from 10.0 to 10.1. Which made me to make
"step up" from Gnome 2 to Gnome 3. And after a few days of frustration
(which was just trying to do the work on workstation as usually) I
realized that I'm not ready to join ipad generation yet.

I don't think there is any need to describe all that displeases (to use
polite word) someone who attempts to do this transition. I'm sure, many of
you have been though this already, and majority with success. I wonder if
some of you can suggest some alternative to gnome 3. Basically, I really
like logical tree-like arrangement of tolls we had in Xwindow since its
very origin (though we are made to use search instead of brain these
days). I do not like most of the fanciness that had been added in a step
from Gnome 2 to Gnome 3. Because each particular one ends up taking more
of my time doing what I need to do.

Any suggestion anybody? To prolong my not joining ipad generation for just
a bit longer.

Thanks for all your advises!

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev