Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2022 15:02:29 -0400
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: larger monospaced fonts in X

>> Recently this system got a new monitor and video card
>> now produces characters about the size of an ant's eyeball.
>> Does anyone have suggestions

> If it is about terminals you can edit ~/.Xdefaults.
> I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Given that lots of FreeBSD users are upgrading from
640 to 1080 to 4K... and that the 'Oh wow, tiny characters'
problem applies to all applications, not just Xterm...

This thread and others like it could be considered an open call
for volunteers to create a Handbook section covering font size
management under X11... addressing terminals, browsers, apps, etc.