Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:58:08 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@de.tiscali.com>
To:        "Jonathan Disher" <jdisher@parad.net>, "Jake Burkholder" <jake@locore.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0-DP2 for Sparc?

Jonathan wrote:

> Ultra 2.
>
> From a cursory inspection (i.e. drop CD in drive, boot cdrom, and try to
> start sysinstall), fas (the SCSI controller internally) isn't supported.

Very interesting this is...

Isn't that chip an ordinary NEC 53c94 at SBus? Supported from OpenBSD with
the esp(4) driver? If there is any HowTo on porting OpenBSD to FreeBSD
SCSI drivers, I can take a look at it. But - I don't have an U1/U2 for
testing this out. Any other Hardware where this controller is used?

Jonathan, could you try to boot from an OpenBSD image and take a look
at the probes/dmsg? This would help a lot.

Oliver