Date:      16 Sep 2002 21:04:53 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        mh <mheyes@concentric.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gnome dependencies on gnomecore-1.4.1_2

--=-1ibWQs/LRKEUyhef6zvF

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 20:42, mh wrote:
> I successfully removed gnome-1.4 and installed 2.0; looks great, runs=20
> without any problems. I'm running 4.7 prerelease. But, when I ran pkgdb=20
> -F afterwards, I got several stale dependencies for gnomecore-1.4.1_2.=20
> The suggested dependency was for gnomecontrolcenter2-2.0.1.1 which=20
> didn't seem quite right.
>=20
> Is that the correct dependency, or what is the correct one?

No.  Anything that used to depend on gnomecore should now depend on
x11/libpanel.  Anything that used to depend on gnomecontrolcenter,
should now depend on x11/libcapplet.  Note, all old GNOME 1 applets will
no longer work under GNOME 2.  For example, if you compiled gaim under
GNOME 1, you should recompile it so it builds without applet support.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> mike
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
--=20

--=-1ibWQs/LRKEUyhef6zvF

--=-1ibWQs/LRKEUyhef6zvF--