Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:54:39 +0800 (JST)
From:      noelt@rani.pworld.net.ph
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@os.org.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation on a 486DX2

Hi! again.

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:22:27 +0200 (SAST)
> From: Khetan Gajjar <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
> To: noelt@rani.pworld.net.ph
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD installation on a 486DX2
>
> On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 noelt@rani.pworld.net.ph wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the help. Probably, I will try this again.
>
> Please do!

  thanks.

> >Actually, I was able to install FreeBSD alone on that same computer with
> >the same hard disk. It's just that, there are times that I need a win95
> >to fiddle something that's why I wanted to dual boot.
>
> Is there any way to tell the overlay software to only be used
> for DOS/Windows ?

  I don't know. All I know is that old computers need those overlay
software if you have a big hard disk.

One thing I like with FreeBSD is that it recognize the seagate overlay
drivers unlike Linux OS it doesn't know what does overlay software does.

I have tested this, I installed the seagate manager then installed FreeBSD
and it went thru and was able to used it w/o any problems.

Base on FreeBSD FAQ, FreeBSd do not destroy what seagate overlay did,
instead FreeBSD rearrange it in a way that it can be managed.

You know what, I am beginning to learn this OS.

Thanks for your help and this list.

noelt.