Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2019 08:04:26 -0600
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trouble booting from EFI with 12-stable

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:05 AM Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de> wrote:

> The loader stumbles over this error and then drops to the prompt:
> efi-autoresizecons not found
>
> module_path is then not set, and loader can=E2=80=99t load the kernel. Ty=
ping in everything by hand will boot the system OK.

> I just did a regular make installworld installkernel (previous install wa=
s from mid-december). Do I need to update the boot blocks or the EFI partit=
ion?

Hi,

Interesting; this is generally an indicator that your loader
(/boot/loader.efi in 12.0 EFI-land) is out-of-date with respect to
scripts. For that I'd go ahead and double-check that /boot/loader.efi
was actually updated *and* update the contents of the ESP -- that
particular change was paired with another one that stopped doing any
resizing in boot1.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans