Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:20:35 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Tim Allender <freebsd-net@goldenpath.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: D-Link DGE-530T

> I'm eyeing these lines from dmesg suspiciously:
> pci0: <display, VGA> at device 8.0 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <network, ethernet> at device 9.0 (no driver attached)
The last one is your NIC.

> I'm posting the entire results you requested below.
<...cleared all but relevant lines...>
> # uname -r
> 6.1-RELEASE
>
> # pciconf -lv
> none1@pci0:9:0: class=0x020000 card=0x4b011186 chip=0x4b011186 rev=0x11
> hdr=0x00
>    vendor   = 'D-Link System Inc'
>    class    = network
>    subclass = ethernet
This is the so-called revision-B1 chip, it is newer than the A1 that
is included to the 6.1-RELEASE.

So you have two routes:
1) upgrade to the RELENG-6 (currently it is 6.2-PRERELEASE),
or
2) apply the patch given in the PR99903,

The latter patch is very simple, so probably it is the simplest thing
to do: it just adds the new PCI-ID for the chip, chip description and
4 extra lines of code. Do you need directions how to apply the patch
or how to upgrade to RELENG-6?
--
Eygene