Date:      Sat, 08 Nov 1997 03:09:07 -0600
From:      "Laszlo G. Vagner" <kf7nn@airmail.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rsd0 not configured

Laszlo G. Vagner wrote:

> I built a kernal with sound support for mediavision proaudio spectrum and am
> having trouble
> bootin the kernel.
>
> here is some of the stuff from dmesg.
>
> Pas0 at 0x388 irq 10 drq 6 on isa
> pas0 <proaudio spectrum 16 rev 0>
> sb0 at 0x220 irq5 drq 1 on isa
> sb0 <soundblaster 2.0>
> opl0 at 0x38a on isa
> opl0 <yamaha opl-3 FM>
>
> cant open /dev/rsd0c: device not configured
> /dev/rsd0c cant check file system
> /dev/rsd0c: unexpected inconsistancy run fsck manually
> automatic filesystem check failed  HELP!
>
> enter path to shell, return for sh:

ok i figured out what is causing my whoa's.....

if i mount the parrallel port zip during boot i get this error so i changed my fstab file to not include it
during boot time but now i am unable to mount it.

i tried
mount /dev/sd0c /zip

and get  device not configured even after i did a ./MAKEDEV sd0 in the /dev directory.

what gives?