Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 07:13:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        "Thuan An ( NDK )" <thuanan@nankai-densetsu.co.jp>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free BSD help

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Thuan An ( NDK ) wrote:
> I have no documents, books and experiences on Free BSD and Turbo Linux.
> Would you please help me resolve this problem or let me know where I could
> search the answers.

	Do you have any experience with any form of Unix or Unix-like
operating system, such as BSDi, Solaris, Ultrix, AIX, SunOS, any Linux
distrobution, NeXTStep, etc.?  If you have no prior Unix experience at
all, the job that you described is probably going to be too much for you
to do before taking a few weeks of intensive self-training with FreeBSD.

	If you do have any level of experience with administrating a Unix
or Unix-like system, then you should start your research with the FreeBSD
handbook, which you can find either on the FreeBSD CD-ROMs or at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook.  You should also buy a copy of The
Complete FreeBSD, which is an excellent reference book.  Walnut Creek
CD-ROM sells a copy of it with FreeBSD CD-ROMs included for about $80 (US)
If I remember correctly.  See this web site for details:
http://www.cdrom.com/titles/freebsd/bsdcomp.phtml

	Good luck with your project!

							Jaime