Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:42:43 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux is better than FreeBSD on X?

Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr> wrote:

> I believe something is wrong here but We have a S3 Trio3D
> vga card here and it does not work with X! with both 3.3.4 and
> 3.3.5 Versions! but with linux it works fine! and when I copy
> the conf file generated by XF86Setup program to FreeBSD from Linux
> then it still does not work! I believe it is supposed to work
> with the same hardware and conf file since the resolutions
> and frequencies are defined in the file! and also we use the
> same version of X in both linux and FreeBSD

     I don't know if this is the only problem, but the XF86Config file
has an hard-coded path to the mouse device, which is probably different
between FreeBSD and Linux.  At the very least, you'll have to change
it.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.