Date:      Tue, 14 May 96 19:37:22 EDT
From:      gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partitioning a 23.4 Giga Byte

Regarding this huge new drive:

>Seagate have just released a 23.4 Gbyte HD, and we are looking at them to
>supplement our multiple 9GB HD's we currently use for our FTP server.
>
>Will freebsd allow a file system this large ???

Another related question, and perhaps what the poster meant to ask:

Will such a huge drive be fully usable (i.e. all 23G) within the "IBM-
compatible" world of SCSI controllers?  Aren't PC-compatible SCSI
controllers limited to 8G of disk space (on a single disk), due to
the (stupid) limitations on maximum heads/cylinders/sectors imposed
by PC history?...  :-(

Gary