Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:54:56 -0600
From:      "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: isp connection woes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To: "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc: "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 11:16 AM

> Brian Henning wrote:

Ok, i am able to connect to my isp via a manual configuration of my network.
i set my ip address and my default route in rc.conf and i set my dns in
resolv.conf

i now know that i am having problems connecting to my dhcp server.
i am in the process of changing the dhcp code (at line 159 in
/usr/src/contrib/isc-dhcp/common/packet.c)
i changed this to 128. Then i am going to rebuild everything.
i was not able to find out the ip address of the dhcp server that my isp uses so
i hope this solves the problem. any other suggestions? it seems odd that i would
have to make this kind of a change to get dhcp to work.. do i need to add
anything to my rc.conf to enable dhcp?

rebuild everything
------------------
cd /usr/src && make buildworld