Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:11:25 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OSS, Sun, GPL, random ramblings

Fascinating rant, Terry.  :)

A few questions for you and anyone else who wants to contribute.

I've heard a lot of people rave about VMS.  What was so great about it?  Did
it run in graphic or console mode?  I heard it had fantastic security.

Also, what is so advanced about SYSV, and why can't those strengths be
applied to BSD?  Since Linux is based on SYSV, where did it go wrong,
besides the obvious answer, fragmentation?

And after all you said, it seems even FreeBSD doesn't measure up.
Just what OS is your favorite now, and what OS do you personally use and use
at work?  ;-)

jcm