Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:28:30 +0200
From:      Thomas Vogt <thomas@bsdunix.ch>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of GNOME 2.24

Hello

Am 28.09.2008 um 22:51 schrieb Jeremy Messenger:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:29:59 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org
> > wrote:
>
>> As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom
>> CVS a
>> few days ago.  Since this, mezz has been working on the UPDATING
>> instructions (should be good to go in MC-UPDATING), and I just
>> started
>> the GNOME 2.24 package builds on i386 and am64.
>>
>> What we need from you, the users are reports of regressions (i.e.
>> "known" issues), screenshots, and general feedback.  One item we need
>> feedback on in particular is GDM.  The GNOME release team made a
>> last-minute decision to ship GDM 2.24 with GNOME 2.24.  There are
>> some
>> known AT regressions and possibly some XDMCP regressions.  We need to
>> make sure a large enough set of users test this port out.  If our
>> user
>> base is seeing these regressions, we may decide to ship GDM 2.20
>> along
>> with 2.24, and give users a choice.
>>
>> To start using GNOME 2.24, see
>> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html .  Packages for all
>> supported versions of FreeBSD will take a few days to complete.
>> Screenshots and feedback can be sent to freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org .
>> Thanks!
>
> By the way, make sure to checkout MC ports-stable first then MC
> ports second. The MC ports will not working without MC ports-stable.

Maybe someone can sync thunderbird with the official ports tree to
2.0.0.17 (MC ports has 2.0.0.16)

===>  thunderbird-2.0.0.16_2 has known vulnerabilities:
=> mozilla -- multiple vulnerabilities.
    Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/2273879e-8a2f-11dd-a6fe-0030843d3802.html

Regards,
Thomas