Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:47:29 +1100
From:      "Hugh Blandford" <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVSup Server

Hi all,

I have an issue I am struggling with.  I have setup cvsup on a machine to
download src-all (tag=RELENG_4) and ports-all (tag=.) from one of the local
FreeBSD mirrors to a particular directory (/squid1/ncvs) and that is all
working fine, I get two directories ports and src.  I have setup cvsupd and
it appears to be serving up these files when asked.

The problem is that when I get a number of my other computers to attach to
my server to update their files it just doesn't work.  On the client all I
do is change the host from the local FreeBSD mirror to my server and then
the try and update ports-all and it will go through and start deleting all
the ports collection and the same with src-all.

Does this mean that once you have used one cvsup server you cannot change to
a different one?  Is my server setup stuffed?

If I start with blank directories it will download all the files and then
won't seem to fetch any of the updates once the files on my server have been
changed.  It will connect go through all its stuff and download nothing.  I
believe I have setup my server correctly but I just can't find any further
info on configuring it to deal with my problem.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated as I'm grasping at straws.

Thanks, Hugh