Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:57:42 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Matthew Eash <meash20@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virtual Servers

* Matthew Eash <meash20@iname.com> [000126 18:22] wrote:
> Thanks in advance,
>
> I am curious about the Ability and ease of creating Virtual Servers with FreeBSD.  I want to set up Web Servers that can be one Large server with multiple virtual servers on it.  This would have multiple Config files for Apace etc.  This would allow multiple users to setup and configure Applications such as sendmail, Apache and FTp accounts on their own virtual server that is only a small part of the Overall Server.  I would appreciate any input on this topic.

Two suggestions,

a) web search, there's tons of stuff out there that describes how
to do this, including free and commercial programs that allow users
to change thier own settings.

Check out sendmail pro (www.sendmail.com) and browse around the apache
site, i've seen stuff that allows you to include user config files.

b) format your email to wrap lines at 70 characters.

good luck,
-Alfred