Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:58:27 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pci bus timing problems

On Sep 28, 10:51, Jim Lowe wrote:
} Subject: Pci bus timing problems
}
} A little more detail.  I changed i386/isa/pcibus.c to version 1.14 with
} the CONF1_ENABLE_CHK set to 0x80000000ul and my video capture card is
} working again in 640x480 mode.  The main board I am running is a
} SuperMicro P55CW, Triton chip set.  The PCI details are as follows:

This looks like a PCI non-compliance of the Meteor card ...

There are a number of chips that don't decode <A1:A0> and
get confused by configuration cycles they should in fact
completely ignore, and the Meteor might be in that league.

There are no functional changes in the PCI code besides the
conf mechanism 1 vs. 2 probe modification. And these probes
ought to be invisible to any device except the CPU to PCI
bridge chip ...

} FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #9: Thu Sep 28 10:43:26 CDT 1995
}     james@miller-genuine-draft.cs.uwm.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/MGD

Could you please send VERBOSE boot messages from both
the 1.14 and 1.15 pcibus.c version ?

I'll send a patch based on these results for further tests,
since the 1.14 revision with 0x80000000 would fail on many
systems ...

STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160