Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:56:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        francisco@natserv.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: damaged / filesystem

Thanks very much for the input.

>Do you have the CDs, fixit floppy or boot floppy?

I have all of the above.

>You could boot up from
>one of them and newfs the filesystem or do a "minimal" install.

At the risk of being a pest here, I want to make sure that I
understand.  I'm assuming that doing a newfs would lay a new
file system down on the partition thereby eliminating whatever
was on it.  I would then restore the contents from whatever.
Is that correct?  Will doing a newfs on the root filesystem
affect my ability to boot?

Thanks again.  As I say, I appologize for being a pest.

     ... doug