Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 18:35:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, terry@lambert.org, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, phk@critter.tfs.com, imb@scgt.oz.au, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: changes in -current..TEST please

I found that I had to add a group 'ncvs' to my groups file
that matched the one on freefall, and then I had to make myself a member ,
log out and log in again.. once that was done, it worked like a charm
trouble was that I didn't have permissions to do all I wanted to do,
and SUP kep changing the files back the way it wanted them..
this solved the problem...

> Same problem.
>
> I have *ONLY* *EVER* used "cvs co", "vi", and "cvs diff" on the sources
> in this tree.
>
> If I manually add the entries to the history file for the files that
> get the error, or if I mv file file.bak/cvs co file/mv file.bak file,
> then the problem goes away.
>
> BTW: I have been using CVS for over 2 years now.  I am not a newby.  This
> is the first time I'm using an updated copy of a SUP tree locally rather
> than just NFS mounting the original (even read-only would be sufficient
> for what I'm doing: checking out, editing, and diffing).

julian