Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 1997 16:16:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mustek Scanner

Greetings,

	I have a Mustek Scanner (12000SP), and I am currently using the
SCSI card that came with it.  According to what I have read, the card is
a NCR 53C400, however this is a 16-bit ISA card.  I configured it for 0x2a0,
and then enabled the nca4 driver in my kernel with i/o=0x2a0 and irq=?.
I don't believe this board will support interrupts.  Anyway, the
upshot is that the kernel recognizes the board as a NCR 53C80, and thats
it.  It doesn't find the scanner on the SCSI bus.  I have the following
in my config file:

	controller nca4 at isa? port 0x2a0 bio irq ? vector ncaintr
	controller scbus0
	device st0
	device cd0
	device pt0 at scbus?
	options SCSIDEBUG

Am I missing something obvious/stupid?  I also tried to modify ncr5380.c
to test for the 53C400 first, and the driver then cannot locate the card
at all.

	brian

He rides a cycle of mighty days, and   \  Wm Brian and Lori McCane
he represents the last great schizm     \  McCane Consulting
among the gods. Evil though he obviously \  root@bmccane.uit.net
is, he is a mighty figure, this father of \  http://bmccane.uit.net/~pictures/
my spirit, and I respect him as the sons   \  http://bmccane.uit.net/~bmccane/
of old did the fathers of their bodies.     \  http://bmccane.uit.net/~bbs/
    Roger Zelazny - "Lord of Light"          \