Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:24:09 +0200
From:      "Frank de Bot (lists)" <lists@searchy.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple IP/subnet in jail, source address for connections

Hello,

I'm trying to have jail with a public and a private IP address.  Both
are on the same interface. The public is called 79.x.x.213 and private
10.4.3.6
Out from ifconfig within the jail is:

        inet 79.x.x.213 netmask 0xffffffff broadcast 79.x.x.213
        inet 10.4.3.6 netmask 0xffffffff broadcast 10.4.3.6

When I try to reach a host on the 10.4.3.0/24 network, it will use the
source address 79.x.x.123 (seen with tcpdump)
When done outside of the jail on the server, it does have the right
source address.
How can I get my jail to have the right source address? Some tools
provide a way to define a source address, like telnet -s,  but it's not
workable.

Frank de Bot