Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 09:11:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mef@cs.washington.edu
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        ulbright@cs.washington.edu
Subject:   SMP_PRIVPAGES

What is the plan with using the SMP_PRIVPAGES stuff? Does it work?
(well, I'll find out in an hour or so).

As some of you know, we are using some of the FreeBSD SMP code to make
our own operating system (SPIN) work on multiprocessors.  One thing
that I'm working on now is obtaining the CPUID in various components
(scheduler mostly right now).  Rather than executing a bunch of
instructions to extract the logical CPUID from the apic_base, I'd
rather just place dereference CPU private data that contains the CPUs
logical id.  My plan is to just use the existing SMP_PRIVPAGES support
to place CPU private data in those pages.

Ciao,

Marc