Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:50:30 +0200
From:      Sameh Ghane <sw@anthologeek.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE on Alpha

Hi,

I recently tried to move my ADSL connection, working *really* fine on my x86
FreeBSD system, to a brand new 4.3-RELEASE 21164 alpha system. I used the same
ppp.conf, quite casual, just switching ed0 to xl0.

I kldloaded netgraph, ng_socket, ng_ether, ng_pppoe, and tried to launch the ppp
connection. It started « dialing », and stopped, with this kernel message,
coming from ng_pppoe.c: « No matching session ».

Does anyone ever experienced this ? What kind of logs could help people
investigate this ? Did someone manage to get PPPoE working on FreeBSD-alpha ?

Regards,

--
Sameh.