Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:42:53 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'courtney@whtz.com'" <courtney@whtz.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Insufficient Disk Space Adding Users (was: PROCFS Space)

1st of all.  /proc is supposed to be at 100%.  It is not a real filesystem,
it is just a representation of the currently running processes, layed out
like a file system.

More likely than not you are out of space on your root partition (/).  And
more to the point, /tmp.

The best thing to do is to move /tmp to a partition that has more space
available on it, such as /usr.  The way to do this is to type the following:

rm -rf /tmp
mkdir /usr/tmp
ln -s /usr/tmp /tmp

If this doesn't resolve your problem, reply to the list with the exact error
message you are receiving and with the output of df -k.

Thanks,
-Chris

P.S.  Please CC: all replies to this message to the FreeBSD Questions
mailing list.