Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:36:18 -0400
From:      xpi <xpi@aeria.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2.1-rel install CD hangs Tecra 9100

		-or-
Idiot user can't find the any key.

	I have a Toshiba Tecra 9100 laptop 1700mhz/256m, I'd like 5.2.1-rel on it. Think I'm falling off the directions about disabling laptop pcibios ..but I'm out of FAQ's

	Boot(8) sucessfully loads a kernel and displays the  boot menu, and no matter how I tell the kernel to boot ( no APCI ) we hang after this... Sorry no serial cable dmesg =) Tell me if we need to type _the whole thing_.

agp0: <Intel 82845 host to AGP brige> mem 0xe00000000-0xefffffff at device 0.0 on pci0

and then nothing, no disk access, no kbd interaction only zuul.

	The faq  has a note about disabling pcibios by getting '-c' to the kernel via the boot> prompt. I can't seem to get at that prompt in any way. The suggested technique is to hit the any key at the boottrap spinner cursor; but those keystrokes are buffered until the loader's menu comes up. (Idiot user can't find the any key, tee hee)  Issuing boot -c to the loader prompt gets me to the same nowhere.

	 Help. I'm ignorant of the magick of boot(8) and it's gang.  I don't belive that this machine has a text bios meny to tweak hw compatibility settings.
	Hmm.. I should give darwin a shot that this HW <g>.